In the wee hours of this morning, a fire was set to the Suddie Magistrate’s Court but was quickly thwarted after police ranks were alerted to smoke coming from the bottom flat of the building.
It was reported that ranks managed to gain entry to the upper flat of the building where the magistrate’s chair and a pile of paper was set on fire. The inferno was quickly extinguished after the ranks formed a bucket brigade.
When firefighters arrived , they discovered two plastic bottles that are believed to have contained kerosene along with two chisels.
An investigation is ongoing