Almost seven months after 41-year-old Sherwin Apple was strangled, and his body dumped at the Kitty, Georgetown seawall, his mother is calling for the intervention of Minister of Public Security, Khemraj Ramjattan so that her son’s death will not become a 2018 cold case.

This morning, the deceased’s mother, Valda Daniels, expressed her disappointment with the way the Guyana Police Force has handled the case so far. “They are not doing anything to solve my son’s murder. Nothing at all,” the woman cried.

Apple was the individual who appeared in a pornographic video in early September 2018 with a young woman and another male.

His body was subsequently found on September 25, last, just days after investigators in Linden had expressed their interest in questioning him regarding his aggressive and “rape-like” behaviour in the footage.

Following his death, a wanted bulletin was issued for 41-year-old Chiowa Gray of lot 155 Lodge Housing Scheme, Georgetown and 32-year-old Kenrick Bourne of Lot 43 Wismar Housing Scheme, Linden. The two men are reportedly related to the young woman in the pornographic video.

The Guyana Standard has been informed that while Gray remained on the run, 32-year-old Bourne turned himself over to law enforcement officers and alleged that he does not know the deceased or has never met him before. He was later released from custody.

“He told the police that he does not know my son but that is not true. He and my son use to be liming at the same house. The police never called to inform us that this boy surrendered,” an upset Daniels said while adding that her son was murdered since September 2018 and to date, no justice has been solved.

“I am going to meet with Minister Ramjattan because my son’s case cannot become another cold case. The police have to do their job and find my son’s killer because they are out there walking freely,” the woman said.

Initially, it was thought that the 41-year-old committed suicide as a result of the pressure he faced with the release of the video which went viral. However, a post mortem examination later showed that he died from asphyxiation and compression to the neck.

Crime Chief, Lyndon Alves could not be reached for a comment.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here