The National COVID-19 Task Force has approved an application from Unicomer Guyana to open eight of their Courts stores for the purposes of receiving monthly installment payments only from customers.
This approval was granted for Monday to Friday openings during the non-curfew hours, is effective from Wednesday May 20th subject to fulfillment of all requirements and is for the following locations:
1. Main Street, Georgetown
3. Richmond, Essequibo Coast
7. New Amsterdam
The NCTF also approved the following:
1. The application of 19 Guyanese students of the Hugh Wooding Law School in Trinidad for their return has been approved.
2. The application of 70 Guyanese cruise ship workers attached to Royal Caribbean to return to Guyana by air has been approved.
3. The application from CARICOM for a team of officials based in Guyana to travel to Suriname to observe the Surinamese election scheduled for May 25th and return to Guyana thereafter has been approved.
4. The application from four Guyanese in St Vincent to return home via SVG Air has been approved.
5. The application from 10 Guyanese in St Maarten to return has been approved.