Advisor to the Ministry of Health, Dr. Leslie Ramsammy confirmed with Guyana Standard that a boy who is a friend of one of the Mahdia fire victims ingested a poisonous substance. Dr. Ramsammy said the individual is receiving medical attention and an update would be provided later. Dr. Ramsammy said, “This is a tragic incident and government is stepping up to provide support. He is from one of the communities. He is not a student of the Mahdia Secondary School.”

Earlier this week, fire broke out at the Mahdia Secondary School dorm, killing 19 children and wounding over a dozen.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here